Testing your Female Sex Hormones with Functional Pathology
- Hormonal imbalances are usually caused by estrogen dominance, this can be either excess estrogen and normal/low progesterone OR normal estrogen levels and low progesterone.
- Adrenal dysfunction is strongly associated with sex hormone and thyroid hormone imbalances. Adrenal problems are caused by stress, this can be emotional stress, physical stress or stress from a poor diet
- Estrogen excess symptoms include common symptoms such as weight gain, fluid retention, breast tenderness, mood changes, also less common but more serious conditions like breast and ovarian cancer.
- Progesterone deficiency symptoms include many PMS issues like weight gain, low sex drive, mid-cycle spotting, cramping and joint pain, hair and skin issues.
- Progesterone is also an important hormone in the production of GABA which is a calming neurotransmitter, so low progesterone can also cause sleep problems, anxiety, depression, memory problems and brain fog.
- Testing the adrenal and sex hormones with the DUTCH Hormone test will determine exactly what your hormones are doing and this takes the guesswork out of treatment
- High estrogen and low progesterone levels have similar symptoms but the treatment is different which is why testing is so important, as this can save time and $$$
- Hormone testing is available wherever you live in the world and I can organize a test kit to be sent to you.
- If you would like more information you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to order a test kit or ask any questions
The Next Step to Balance your Hormones
Not too sure where to start!?
If your not sure what the best testing options are for you, a good place to start is our hugely popular ‘Investigation Consultation’
Your 30 minute ‘‘Investigation Consultation’ is a deep dive into your health history, current health problems, and planning session to work out the best testing options for you.